You Only Get One Chance To Settle Your Injury Claim - Don’t Accept An Offer Until You Talk To Doug Mulvaney First
Douglas A. Mulvaney is a sole practitioner practicing at Mulvaney Law Office, LLC in Elkhart, Indiana. His trial practice concentrates in the areas of worker's compensation and personal injury. He exclusively represents injured parties. He received his college degree from Hope College in Holland, Michigan in 1980 and his law degree from Vermont Law School in South Royalton, Vermont in 1983. He has practiced in Elkhart, Indiana since 1983. He is a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, and the Elkhart City Bar Association.
When he is not in his law office Mr. Mulvaney enjoys skiing, snowboarding, sailing, golfing and bicycling. Along with his legal practice he is active in several not-for-profit organizations in the Elkhart Community including the Kiwanis Club of Elkhart and is a past President, Elkhart Legal Aid where he is president of the Board of Directors, the Elkhart Education Foundation where he serves as a Board member, the Clear Lake Township Land Conservancy where he serves as a Board member, and Friends of the Elkhart Public Library where he serves as President. He previously served on the City of Elkhart Historic and Cultural Preservation Commission both as a Commission Member and their President. He currently serves on the City of Elkhart Board of Zoning Appeals as their Chair. He also serves as a volunteer judge for the Elkhart County Teen Court.
Mr. Mulvaney lives in Elkhart with his wife Jennifer Nielsen, an infusion nurse and a houseful of pets. Their daughter Anne graduated from Trine University, and unlike her dad, is a math and science wiz, and graduated with a B.S. degree in forensic science. She currently lives in Milford, Massachusetts with her husband Steve.
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 1983
- Hope College
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Political Science/Psychology/History
- Indiana, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1983
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1983 to Present
- Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group WILG, Member, 2021 to Present
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Ethical Stew, Elkhart City Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- Northern Indiana Legal Services, 1983 to 2010
- Volunteer Lawyer Network, 2010 to Present
- May v. Ashley F. Ward, 952 N.E.2d 224 (Ind.Ct.App. 2011), Worker's Compensation Board
- Perkins v. Jayco, 905 N.E.2d 1085 (Ind.Ct.App. 1996), Worker's Compensation Board
- Person v. Shipley, 962 N.E.2d 1192 (Ind. 2012), Elkhart Superior Court
- Goldsberry v. Grubbs,State of Indiana, GTE and Toyota, 672 N.E.2d 475 (Ind.Ct.App 1996), Marshall Circuit Court
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury